Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blogging thru the Gospels Matthew 5

Hi Ladies. It feels good to know your not alone, Right? I thank God for you ladies. I thank God that as followers of Christ we are here to uplift each other, and I thank you.

Today was a day of contemplation for me. My birthday was yesterday and I'm creeping closer and closer to the beloved number 30. I'm not there yet, but I'll tell you what, I'm actually looking forward to it. As I read some of your comments on Mom's toolbox some one picked vs. 2 of Matthew 5 and I'm reminded that if we want to learn God will teach us we just have to sit at his feet and listen. Beautiful right?

This definitely was a full chapter but for me this verse stood out.

Scripture Matthew 5:42

Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Observation

We aren't really given on option out. Jesus told us to give.

Application

As a mother, wife, daughter, friend, niece, sister I feel like somebody always wants something. But I'm reminded that it is God who blesses and if someone asks something of me who am I to not share that blessing. God is a God of giving freely and I should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment