Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blogging thru the Gospels Matthew 4

Everyday I'm searching for ways to draw closer to God. And I've come across Blogging thru the Gospels from Mom's Toolbox.




Soooo here we go. . . .



Blogging thru the Gospels Matthew 4



Scripture

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.


Observation

Jesus was led to be tempted and what struck me is that he prepared himself.

Application

There are many things in my life that i just expect God to handle, which he will, but i'm reminded that we have a part to play in this journey and that we are to prepare our selves spiritually in order to allow him to lead.

Prayer

Lord I thank you for giving us the resources to equip ourselves for the daily battle. Lord I ask for strength to be able to turn form temptation and turn to you.


Side note: As I have often felt in my life, right now I feel out of control. I have many challanges in my life that I have yet to over come and it drives me crazy. I just ask for any believer reading this, please pray that I let go of self, who leads me out of control, and allow God to control my life.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lord... Thank you, that through Amy's community, believers all over the world can strengthen each other and build each other up in faith. I pray for peace, and strength, so that quietdeja would be able to surrender to You. It is scary. Help her to trust that you ARE holding her in the palm of your hand, and that you are guiding her steps. Help her to not get ahead of what you are doing in her life.

    Quiet her mind and heart, Lord. Help her to sense your presence, and hear your voice.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete